Getting your home on the market is a real milestone but it can be difficult, especially with new government guidelines. Woodhead Homes have teamed up with Leaders Estate Agents to unpick the guidelines and provide you with some handy tips to help get your home on the market. Making your dream move to Rufford Pastures one step closer.
As one of the largest independent residential property groups in the UK, Leaders has over 120 local branches specialising in residential sales.
- The first step should always be to seek financial advice from a qualified professional to discuss affordability and different ways to fund your new home. Woodhead Homes can help you with this step by connecting you with one of our recommended financial advisors.
- Secondly, contact a reputable estate agent. We have a partnership with Leaders. They have many local branches across the region and have a wealth of experience and local knowledge to get your home sold.
Leaders are currently offering a free virtual market appraisal valuation for Woodhead Homes customers, providing you the information you need to be able to understand what you can afford and make the right decisions.
- You will need an energy performance certificate (EPC) to sell your home. This is a standardised document which ranks properties in terms of energy efficiency.
In order to sell your home, you must have at least applied for an EPC. If your home is listed, you will not need an EPC. The Home Owners Alliance offers a search engine to connect you with qualified assessors in your area. Alternatively, Estate Agents, Leaders can put you in touch with an assessor in your area.
- One of the most challenging decisions when selling your home is what price to put it on the market for. With guidance from your estate agent who should have good local knowledge and market insights together you should agree a figure.
- Now, you can prepare for viewings. De-clutter, clean and familiarise yourself with the new government guidelines. Our industry is adapting practices and procedures to ensure that the risk of coronavirus is reduced as far as possible. We have summarised the latest Government advice:
- Viewings should be limited to members of the same household
- Ask people viewing to refrain from touching surfaces, and ask them to use their own hand sanitiser before viewing
- Open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing
- Practice social distancing in line with public health advice
Read the full guidance here
If you want to start the conversation with Leaders Estate Agents, they are here for you.
Contact Donna on 01623 645666 quoting Woodhead Homes.