Statistics show that 1.9 million older people often feel ignored, lonely or invisible. This statistic alone is enough to raise awareness and support the Age UK Notts Charity in decreasing this tragic number. Life is particularly challenging right now and during the current crisis we are all under, certainly older people are struggling.
A local Performing Arts Company, Copper Entertainment, put pen to paper to create an endearing new song called ‘Christmas Without You’ in aid of Age UK Notts and supporting people worldwide who are unfortunately feeling alone this Christmas. We had the honour of facilitating the video for the new single in our beautiful Show Home at Rufford Pastures, as the Director of Copper Entertainment happens to live in one of our stunning Shore Homes. Many thanks to The Flower Rooms Edwinstowe, a stone throw away from Rufford Pastures, for decorating our Show Home and making it sparkle with festivity.
Here at Woodhead Homes, we believe no one should feel alone, especially within their own home. Which is why we have donated to Age UK Notts, in support of ‘Christmas without you’ being released, in hope that more people will have comfort and company this Christmas.
What can your donation do?
– Provide an older person with someone to talk to through a befriending service, which is crucial at this current time.
– Connecting them to local activities and communities, maintaining social interactions
– Help and support teams and exercise groups, to improve health and wellbeing
– Provide people who have dementia with somewhere to go through their day care service
– Provide a continuation of handyperson services
Please listen, watch, share and donate this Christmas!!
‘Now more than ever, no one should have no one’ Age UK 2020